Quarried on Stanton Moor near Matlock in Derbyshire; Peak Moor is a fine to medium grained sandstone, predominantly buff in colour with occasional pink markings and/or brown iron intrusions.
It is essentially a free stone and therefore almost equally durable in most common masonry applications, whichever way it’s natural bed is laid.
The Peak Moor stone has been used on many projects world-wide including:
- Liverpool Library
- Cheetham School of Music
- Peel Court, Manchester
- St. Paul’s, Sheffield
- Melbourne University, Australia
- Tullamore Distillery in Ireland
- West Regent street, Glasgow
- Wotton Hall, Staffordshire
- Christ Church Court near St. Paul’s in London
There are large reserves with long term planning consent.